Discounted Rates Available on Required Training for SST Card-in-Hand Policy
Published on: December 11, 2020
City Council has officially reassigned the construction worker SST Card-in-Hand Policy to March 21, 2021, but this extension does not mean you should wait to take the courses you need. NYCA works with TSC Training Academy to provide members with the training required to meet the March 21 deadline.
Under the March 21, 2021 extension, workers:
- will not be penalized if they fail to carry an SST card in-hand when they are on a project.
- have more time to complete the required 40 hours of site safety training.
- have more time to submit their SST card application if they have already completed the necessary training.
In order to help members meet the deadline and ensure worksite safety, NYCA would like to highlight the following discounts available to members through TSC Training Academy:
- Take our 10-Hour Prescribed SST Course Bundle for $265 (reg. $310) with code 374 (Cannot be applied towards individual courses)
- Receive 15% off Rigging Refresher courses with code 375
- Get 20% off ONLINE 8-Hour Fall Prevention with code 8HRFALL20
There is no issue more important to our industry than safety, and compliance with the March 21 SST Card-in-Hand Policy deadline is vital. To browse and enroll in required SST courses, click here.
About the New York Construction Alliance
The New York Construction Alliance is the region’s premier association of construction managers and general contractors. Members of the association construct high-rise and interior projects, renovations, conversions and various types of work on many of the region’s best-known developments. Membership in the organization is comprised of open shop contractors who adhere to strict standards of ethics and jobsite safety and are committed to ensuring a strong construction industry in the New York region. To learn more about the association and benefits to its members, visit www.nyconstructionalliance.org.